Welcome to Best Accounting Degrees, your source for the expert information you need when earning an accounting degree. Discover what the best accounting degree programs offer and where to find them. Delve into the pros and cons of traditional, online and blended degree programs to find the right program for your needs.
Let Best Accounting Degrees help you find the essential information you need to effectively plan for your professional future. Explore what you can accomplish with an accounting degree. Learn about the many types of accounting and how they fit into the business world. Find out what professional credentials will boost your career and the steps you need to take to attain them. Stay up-to-date with the latest news informative blogs and useful resources about the world of accounting.
As the language of business, accounting is more than just juggling numbers. Accountants take raw data and analyze it, transforming it into information that businesses big and small rely on to judge the health of the company, decide on current business strategies and plan for future growth. Earning an accounting degree opens the door to careers with an impressive variety of businesses, corporations, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and even law enforcement.
Some fast facts about accounting:
- Accounting is among the top three bachelor’s degrees desired by employers.
- The median wage for accountants and auditors was $63,550 in 2012.
- The median wage for financial analysts was $76,950 in 2012.
- An estimated 1,275,400 worked as accountants and auditors in the United States in 2012.
- Employment opportunities in the accounting field are predicted to grow by 13 percent between 2012 and 2020.
- The American Institute of CPAs has nearly 39,500 members in more than 120 countries.
- Accounting is a global affair. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants boasts a worldwide membership of 170,000.